1982-84 F100 Pony
I don't know what an F100 Pony looks like. In fact, until today (5/13/2016) I'd never heard of one. And, at this point I'm not really sure there are/were any. But, Ford's 1980 - 89 Master Parts Catalog seems to say they existed, as shown below. Specifically, it is called out in the following sections:
- Fan Blade: The Pony gets a 7-blade 15" diameter fan while most others get a 4 or 5-blade 18 1/2" fan
- Fan Clutch: The 1982 Pony got a clutch all its own, but there's no mention of what the 83 & 84's got.
- Finger Guard: Apparently the Pony didn't get the finger guard that some others got. See the fan shroud
- Fan Shroud: At least the '82 Pony got a fan shroud even with standard cooling, although it doesn't say what others got. Further, the shroud it got was the same one used with 18 1/2" fans, so the little 15" fan was a loose fit.
- Radiator Hoses: This section seems to say that the Pony didn't come with A/C. That's because there is no "1" in the A/C column, meaning that truck didn't have that option. In any event, the Pony did get the upper radiator hose that was used on Super Cooling and A/C-equipped trucks. And it got the lower hose that most trucks got.
- Water Pump Pulley: The '83 Pony is singled out here, but there's no indication of what pulley the 82 & 84's got.